Currently as of Monday, April 10th
They discussed an additional 8 possible candidates and from these they are seeking additional information from at least 1 candidate. This increases the total number of candidates that they are seeking additional information to three. They are still receiving more resumes from potential candidates and have at least 4 more names they will review. Their next meeting will be 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 18th. Please continue to pray for God’s direction and strength for them through this process.
March 29, 2017
- The search team gathered on Sunday, March 26th.
- They looked at 12 possible candidates.
- A decision was made to send a questionnaire to two of them to request further information.
- Their next meeting is at 6:30 PM on April 10.
- Please continue to pray for wisdom and discernment for the search team and that God's will would be done through our search for a lead pastor.
March 5, 2017
The Search Team now has two candidates that are currently in stage two of the process. They have reviewed five candidates that we have declined to move on to the next stage. They also voted to post the lead pastor position on Church Staffing.com, Trinity has used this service previously, and will review those candidates at their next meeting on 3/19/17.
February 27, 2017
There now is only one as a Stage three candidate.
We last met February 19 with our next scheduled meeting on March 5 at 3:00PM in Watseka
February 17, 2017
Currently, we are sifting though candidates and looking to move candidates onto 7 stages. Stage 1 pertains to getting the Ministry Connect data back and this gives us an overview as to if the candidate is a good match for our church. We use the data to rate candidates and then move the candidate onto Stage 2. In Stage 2, Bob Blank is contacted (Bob is known as our Gatekeeper) and the candidate is asked if they would be interested in perusing the pastoral job at Trinity Watseka. If the candidate affirms interest, we will move the candidate onto Stage 3. Stage 3 is where candidates give us a resume and the committee rates the resume and looks at sermons and teaching from the candidate.
Currently, we are on Stage 3 with 4 potential candidates.
We last met on Sunday, February 5 Our next meeting is Sunday, February 19, at 3PM in Ashkum.
January 15, 2017
- We are actively receiving information on potential candidates.
- The Search Team has been meeting for several months.
- A Lead Pastor profile has been created and is available at the Welcome Center if you would like to view it.
- Our information is available to potential candidates via "Minister Connection" an online tool and seminaries.
- We are currently accepting resumes via Minister Connection.