Loving God, Loving Others, and Serving the World for Over 40 Years…
Trinity Church began in 1974 following a community showing of the Billy Graham film, “Time to Run.” Four couples started to meet for Bible study, and as the Lord moved on their hearts, felt led to start a church. Bound together by their common faith in Jesus Christ and the vision for establishing a strong evangelical church in Iroquois County, 32 charter members formed Trinity Evangelical Free Church in 1975. The first worship service was held on September 7 of that year, in an old house at 563 East Mulberry Street. In 1981, Trinity constructed a new building at the same location.
By the late 1980s, Trinity needed a larger home to do ministry and, in 1990, purchased our current facility, the former Land of Lincoln Bank at 1658 East Walnut. Through God’s grace and provision, major changes have been made to the building so Trinity could more efficiently minister to the Illiana community. As the Lord continued to bless in spiritual and numerical growth, a second worship service was included in 1997, and in 2001, a new worship center and coffee bar was added. In 2003, our name was legally changed to Trinity Church. A new education wing was added and dedicated in 2007. On April 24, 2011, Easter Sunday, a second campus was launched in Ashkum Illinois.
Trinity Church has experienced God’s abundant and gracious blessings as we have served him for over 40 years in this community. It has become a growing, dynamic church known throughout the area for its caring people, creative ministry, and Christ-focused outreach. Meeting the spiritual needs of the hundreds of people God has entrusted to us is a challenge, but through groups, relevant preaching, powerful worship, and dynamic ministries for all ages, we have seen great fruit. What a pleasure and privilege it is to be chosen by God to accomplish his mission in this rural region.